World’s first and greatest zoom ratio of 15X, covering 28-419mm 35mm-equivalent angle of view
Going back to the basic concept of “one lens covering everything from wide angle to telephoto,” engineers at Tamron took up the difficult task of expanding the zoom range of Tamron’s high power zoom lenses even further.
Their unstinting efforts to extend the telephoto end beyond previous limits while retaining the wide-angle end at 18mm has borne fruit as an ultra high power zoom lens that is exclusively designed for DSLR cameras and boasts the greatest zoom range of 15X for the first time in the world.
- Focal Length: 18-270mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5-6.3
- Minimum Aperture: F/22 – F/40
- Angle Of View: 75 degrees 33’ – 5 degrees 55’ (equivalent angles of view when converted to 35mm)
- Lens Construction: 16 elements / 13 groups
- MFD (Minimum Focus Distance): 0.49m (19.3") (entire zoom range)
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Overall Length: 3.5"
- Maximum Diameter: 2.9"
- Max. Mag. Ratio: 1:3.8 (at f=270mm)
- Standard Accessory: Flower-Shaped lens hood