Tanga Times - October 4, 2007 by BClements
“Alcohol, my permanent accessory
Alcohol, a party-time necessity
Alchool, alternative to feeling like yourself
O alcohol, I still drink to your health”
- Alcohol by Barenaked Ladies
This week’s quiz game is a tribute to that wonder of wonders, alcohol. I’ve got 5 alcohol-related questions for you. First person to post the answers to all 5 here correctly wins the points. By the way, the points for my last quiz are still up for grabs. I guess we don’t have as many TV geeks here as I imagined. Let’s hope there’s a few more folks that enjoy a tip of the wrist.
1. By Act of Congress, what is the official alcoholic beverage of the United States?
2. What well known phrase comes from the serving sizes of British ales?
3. What well-known fictional character first introduced a drink that begins by taking the juice from one bottle of that Ol’ Janx Spirit?
4. What author created the following drink recipie and where did it first appear: Three measures of Gordon’s, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it’s ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel.
5. What TV character considers beer to be “the cause of and solution to all the world’s problems?”
There you go folks! Enjoy a cold one while you ponder these and I’ll be back next week!