Yes, after all of this Tangathoning, it’s time to do some things around the house for a change! Install that heavy mirror on your wall, measure things – just do something… Today’s items will help you measure to your hearts content and also help you find studs, like, uh, TangaJoe for instance.
The Zircon TriScanner OneStep
Can find the center of studs in one pass! Revolutionary CenterVisionâ¢ technology pinpoints the stud center, not just the edge. TriScannerÂ® OneStepâ¢ is a four-function scanner with the patented SpotLiteÂ® Pointing System and rubberized grip. TriScannerÂ® OneStepâ¢ finds the center and edges of studs and joists, finds copper (and other non-ferrous metal) pipes up to 1-1/2 inches (38 mm) deep, and finds rebar (ferrous metal) in concrete up to 3 inches (76 mm) deep, while continuously detecting hot unshielded AC wires.
- Stud Scan Mode
TriScannerÂ® OneStepâ¢ finds the edges of studs and joists up to 3/4 inches (19 mm) deep in normal mode.
- Stud DeepScanÂ® Mode
In Zircon’s patented DeepScanÂ® mode, TriScanner OneStepâ¢ can find studs up to 1-1/2 inches (38 mm) deep behind drywall, paneling, or plywood.
- Metal Scan Mode
Finds copper and other non-ferrous metal up to 1-1/2 inches (38 mm) deep.
Finds ferrous metal such as rebar in concrete up to 3 inches (76 mm) deep.
- AC WireWarningâ¢
Continuously detects hot unshielded AC wiringâan important safety feature.
The First Tape Measure With a Built-In Digital Voice Recorder! Never forget another measurement! The age-old problem of forgetting measurements on the job site or around the house will soon be a distant memory. Zircon’s Repeater 25 combines the rugged durability of a professional tape measure with a simple to operate digital voice recorder, allowing do-it-yourselfers and professionals to easily record multiple measurements as they work. Recordings can then be played back in sequential order whenever and wherever needed.
Tri-Scanner OneStep Key Features:
- Exclusiveâfinds the stud center
- Finds both wood and metal studs
- Constant hot AC WireWarningâ¢ in all modes for safety
- Patented SpotLiteÂ® Pointing System
- Patented DeepScanÂ® dual sensitivity scanning
- Metal scan for finding pipes, nails, rebar, and other hidden metals
The Repeater 25 Key Features:
- Separate record, playback and rewind buttons are ergonomically positioned on one side for single-handed operation
- Advanced automatic gain control automatically adjusts volume making sure recordings are clear and audible even when made at noisy construction sites.
- A solid state digital voice recorder and rugged product design assure durability even at the toughest job site.
- Record up to 20 seconds of information.
- Repeater’s rigid tape extends 7 feet without buckling, comes with a tough plastic outer casing and locking mechanism for tape control.
- Neatly fits into standard size tape holders and tool belts.
- LED stays on while recording.
- Dimensions: 6.32 in. H x 3.13 in. W x 1.27 in. D
- Weight: 6.5 oz. (184 g) without battery
- Battery type: 9-V alkaline (not included)
- Estimated battery life: 2 years at 10 minutes per day with alkaline battery
- Position accuracy Stud Scan mode: typically within 1/8 in. using the dual scan and mark procedure
- DeepScan mode: typically within 3/16 in. using the same procedure
- Metal Scan mode: typically within 1/2 in. (13 mm)
- Detection Depth:
- Up to 3/4 in. in Stud Scan mode
- Up to 1-1/2 in. in DeepScan mode
- Up to 1-1/2 in. for copper in Metal Scan mode
- Up to 3 in. for rebar in Metal Scan mode
NOTE: Sensing depth and edge detection can vary due to moisture content of materials, wall texture, paint, etc.
AC Position Accuracy Typically 90â250 V at 50â60 Hz laterally within 12 in. (150 mm) of a hot unshielded wire
AC Sensing Depth Typical depth of 2 in. (50 mm)
- Operating temperature: 20Â° to 120Â°F (-7Â° to 49Â°C)
- Storage temperature: -20Â° to 150Â°F (-29Â° to 66Â°C)
- Water resistance: Splash and water resistant, not waterproof. Humidity 80% RH (non condensing)
The Repeater 25
- Dimensions: 3.25 in. H x 3.10 in. W x 2.05 in. D
- Weight: 13.3 oz (377 g) with battery
- Battery type: Four LR44 – 1.5-Volt alkaline button cell (included)
- Estimated Battery Life: 1500 5-second playbacks
- Microphone Sensitivity: 62dB (+ 3dB)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz – 5KHz
- Tape Width: 1 in. (2.5 cm)
- Record Time: 20 seconds
- Water resistance: Splash and water resistant, not waterproof. Humidity – 80% RH (non condensing)